Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Today's Workout - 01.06.09

Today we stole (but modified) another one from CrossFit.

We did 1/2 Angie, which was . . .

50 pull-ups
50 push-ups
50 sit-ups
50 squats


Again, the goal was INTENSITY. Drill it out, no stopping, short rests.

My time was 11:43. When we did this before, we substituted recline rows for the pull-ups. This time I subbed Jumping Pull-ups and did worse. My time last April was 10:38.

What does this mean? At least a couple of things . . . First, my diet is absolutely HORRIBLE right now. I know this has a TON to do with my production. Another piece is CONSISTENCY. I have been the most consistent, but that means nothing. I need to pick a schedule and do it, come what may. Another piece is what we are going to be working on as a group, INTENSITY. I know for a fact that I can ramp it up.

I am going to think about these three pieces quite a bit this week. Diet, consistency and intensity. Do I want it or don't I?

1 comment:

Jeremy said...

I did this one in 11:12. It is amazing how difficult it is to do just 50 push-ups. When you say we are working on intensity as a group .. . does that mean more "COME ON! YOU'RE NOT GONNA DIE!!!" because I just have to say, we are bipeds, gentlemen.