Today, Jeremy and I worked on the Clean & Jerk form.
It seems that the biggest obstacle is getting away from the strict shoulder press. Recruiting the hip drive and getting under the bar seem to be counter-intuitive. However, we found that the idea of creating more power with good C&J form is accurate.
I was able to get a PR of 205#. It was on my third try, but because my form improved, I hit it. It was motivating. Once we get the C&J down a bit more, we will work on the Snatch.
Nathan showed up also and I put him to the following:
AMRAP 20
with a 35# KB
3 left C&J
3 right C&J
6 swings
9 SDLHP
Unfortunately, the amount of rounds was lost in the excitement. He wasn't huffin' and puffin', however, so I know he could have done more.
Thursday, January 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
On 1/12 I did 3/4 angie
100 push ups
100 sit ups
100 squats (body weight)
in approximately 20 minutes
(I don't have a stopwatch and had to use my oven timer)
This is a huge improvement for me. I almost feel like I must have skipped something .. . no I did it all.
Post a Comment