Monday, April 7, 2008

Today's Workout - 04/07/08

"The deadlift keeps company with standing, running, jumping, and throwing for functionality but imparts quick and prominent athletic advantage like no other exercise."

-Greg Glassman (founder of CrossFit)

Today was a simple 1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1 of Deadlifts. Simple might not be the best word for it, but . . .

My numbers are as follows:

285 - 315 - 365 - 385 - 385 - 355 - 355 - 355 - 315 - 315

I will try to hit more consistently next time. Because the deadlift is a prerequisite to the snatch and the clean, I really want to make sure we are doing them fairly frequently and well. Eventually, I want to get our deadlifts up to where we are all doing at least double our bodyweight. Only one of our guys has already hit that, another is closer than he thinks. Benchmarks are commonly considered: bodyweight (beginner), 2x bodyweight (good) and 3x bodyweight (great).

As always, the others will post their numbers to comments.

4 comments:

Jake said...

323lbs X 10

I didn't feel strong at the start, but this seemed to get easier as I went. Based on what you guys were saying earlier I guess I should be maxing out higher than 323lbs. I should probably warm up more prior to getting into the heavier weights.

Billdozer said...

My numbers are as follows:

315-365-375-385-400-405-410-410-415-415

The Sundance Cod said...

Billy is strong and stuff.

I did the same as Jake but only 8 times. Not a great day for me. Wasn't feeling well.

Nathan said...

285lbs X 7
275lbs X 3

This is the first time my back has ever been sore