Friday I stopped by CrossFit RVA to drop off a couple of tractor tires for them. I met Jake, Brandon and Andre. Poor Jake got splashed with the disgusting tire water that smelled like it came directly out of a sewer.
Except for Jake, they seem to be new to the tractor tires, but they all gave it a shot . . . some more successful than others. Jake showed me around and gave me a very quick history of their place. It was cool to see a CrossFit in real life after seeing all of the videos online.
Jake offerred to let me try the Concept II Rower, which I initially declined because I had just run 20 minutes earlier. That lasted about 20 seconds . . . I REALLY wanted to try the Concept II. He gave me a quick tutorial and let me have at it for 500m. I stopped once and started very slow, ending up at 1:44. I cannot WAIT to get one for my very own. That thing is addictive. You can actually go to the Concept II website and compare your times at different distances with rowers from around the world. VERY cool!
At the time of writing, I have actually already worked out with Jake, but I will write about that in another post.
Monday, March 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment