I usually wake up on weekday mornings at about 5:00 or 5:30 am and get ready to go to work. This morning I woke up a little bit later (6:00 am) to get ready to go to workout! I woke up excited to have my very first official CrossFit workout.
A friend of mine, David, has been training at CrossFit RVA with Jake for a couple of months and absolutely loves it. He was able to get an invitation for me to join them for a morning session. I met him and Jake at 7:30 am. Jake had a "special" workout for us and boy did we feel special.
Here it is . . .
Team Tire Flips with 450-500# tire x 12
Sumo High Pulls with 25# KB x 60
Team Sled Drags with 135# x 250 feet
Team Tire Flips with 450-500# tire x 9
Sumo High Pulls with 25# KB x 45
Team Sled Drags with 135# x 250 feet
Team Tire Flips with 450-500# tire x 6
Sumo High Pulls with 25# KB x 30
Team Sled Drags with 135# x 250 feet
Team Tire Flips with 450-500# tire x 3
Sumo High Pulls with 25# KB x 15
Team Sled Drags with 135# x 250 feet
With some pregnant pauses and one false finish (my fault. I thought we were done and we still had one round left. Duh!) we were able to complete in 28:20.
It was an absolute killer, but I absolutely LOVED it. It was great to train with David and it was also great to know that what we have been doing "at the carport" wasn't so different than what the professionals are prescribing.
Jake invited me back to help with fine points of lifts, which I hope to take him up on. It was a great morning.
Then I was able to spend the rest of the day with my wife and son . . . . does life get any better? I submit to you that it does not!
Monday, March 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment